Hours of operation
Evo, located in Portland, Maine, puts an unconventional twist on the traditional. Evo offers Maine foods with bold flavor. The restaurant has a reputation for being among the best restaurants in Portland, Maine, due it its fresh ingredients and its chic, energetic vibe. The open kitchen concept allows customers to watch their talented chefs at work. Additionally, the restaurant’s floor to ceiling windows offer customers an amazing view as they enjoy their meal.
Evo’s team is constantly coming up with new dishes and creative ways of preparing the Maine foods you know and love. The restaurant gets their food from their network of farmers and purveyors. Evo's dishes are meant to be shared. Most menu items are small dishes that should be enjoyed together. Thanks to our farmers and purveyors, the food in our kitchen is the freshest you can get.
Evo’s executive chef is Matt Ginn, who is no stranger to Portland, Maine news and other national media attention. Matt has been professionally cooking for over 10 years in Portland & Boston. In Boston he honed his skills at several award-winning restaurants, including Harvest & L'Espalier. He returned to Maine in 2012 as Chef de Cuisine at Five Fifty-Five where he continued his pursuit of excellence while cultivating & maintaining close relationships with local farmers. Additionally, he competed on the Food Networks’ show ‘Chopped’ and won $10,000 after beating the other competitors.
Along with their impressive dining room, Evo also features an event space to host private functions from birthday parties to reunions, anniversaries to rehearsal dinners, business luncheons to holiday parties. During events, Evo offers an entirely customized planning experience based on your vision and guest count so that your event is unique to you. Events are hosted in their mezzanine area, accommodating up to 24 guests. For larger parties or groups wanting a cocktail party with passed & stationary hors d'oeuvres, their main level works best.
Conveniently make a reservation for Evo on Open Table. Otherwise, for questions regarding specific seating, it’s advised to call the restaurant. Evo requires a credit card to reserve a table and their cancellation policy is $25 per person if cancelled within 24 hrs of your scheduled reservation.
Explore an example of several menu items:
- Let our Chefs guide you through a progressive tasting of our cuisine. The menu will highlight the best locally sourced vegetables, fish & meat. Add wine pairings for $35
- Beets- Fennel / Smoke / Lemon / Labneh
- Halloumi- Farro / Almond / Artichoke / Muscat Grape
- Grape Leaves- Long Grain Rice / Yogurt / Kohlrabi
- Cauliflower- Tahini / Cucumber / Pomegranate
- Asparagus Fattoush- Aleppo / Pita / Goat Cheese / Romaine
- Saganaki Sausage- Greek Pork Sausage / Halloumi / Ramps
- Beef Kibbeh- Zhoug / Mint / Yogurt / Chilies
- Duck Manti- Turkish Pasta / Spring Onion / Fennel
- Lamb Ribs- Tabbouleh / Yogurt / Date "BBQ"